Scope Cant and MilDot calibration

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Forum rules
1. No flaming, badgering, or foul language allowed. Please keep it civil and clean.
2. Threads should stay on topic. New discussions should be started on a separate thread.
3. Please do not post text in all CAPS, as that is considered rude and unnecessary.
4. No commercial sales or buy/trade/want ads of any kind.
5. Moderator decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a Moderator before posting.

Scope Cant and MilDot calibration

Postby dan_house » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:54 pm

One thing Ive learned is that your errors in setting up your rig are cumulative.....

And IMO, scope setup is the worst offender (or maye its just me... :lol: ). These two posts got me back on track:

Scott Hull's excellent discussion of scope cant http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/thread/1406747632

Hector Medina's Mildot Calibration tutorial http://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/archives/08-2014

Proper scope setup can be time consuming, but the results are well worth the effort.
USFT #200
The Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Proud Sponsor of Team_Subsonic
Member of the Western Heretic League
dan_house

Re: Scope Cant and MilDot calibration

Postby spysir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

Excellent link I hadn't seen regarding cant. Also Hector's link is very good - though those in Hunter class do need to remember "bracketing" and such will not work on anything Brad sets up!-.
Dan I believe you use the same scope Tammy uses, the Aeon 10-40x56 Target reticule, it seems great to my poor eyes and we took it to a GOB match and had 2 very experienced shooter evaluate it. One was able to spot an exclusion/aberration (? "I" cant recall the correct term, slight defect) in the lens at 12:00 on the extreme edge of the lens where it meets the tube however this effects nothing in use. The second felt it "snapped in and out" very well at 55 yards and was better than the 32x Aeon he was using. It is a better scope than the new Bushnell elite series and a great value for the price. Several others looked through it and all liked it. I feel it is an excellent option at the present time for those needing to keep the costs of decent equipment down.
John
spysir

Postby Scott_Allen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:15 am

Another excellent resource are the Bryan Litz books.

Scott
Scott_Allen

Postby Scotchmo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:51 am

spysir wrote:...though those in Hunter class do need to remember "bracketing" and such will not work on anything Brad sets up!-....
John

Why not?
Scotchmo
Club Rep

Return to Equipment Talk (scopes & gadgets)