Monetizing Nationals

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Forum rules
1. No flaming, badgering, or foul language allowed. Please keep it civil and clean.
2. Threads should stay on topic. New discussions should be started on a separate thread.
3. Please do not post text in all CAPS, as that is considered rude and unnecessary.
4. No commercial sales or buy/trade/want ads of any kind.
5. Moderator decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a Moderator before posting.

Monetizing Nationals

Postby John in Ma » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:16 pm

I though AAFFTA's stance as an organization was to keep the sport pure, in particular Nationals by keeping money prizes out of the game. What gives?
Air Arms S500 Extra Fac .177
Mrod S400 .177
Remington Vantage .177
John in Ma
Club Rep

Re: Monetizing Nationals

Postby Sean McDaniel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

I agree completely, that is a HUGE concern. Adding $$/prizes into the mix creates a whole new level of competition and, frankly, takes away from the purity of what we do.
This is frustrating on so many levels!
"Prize packages for first through third place will be awarded. We may expand this depending on sponsorship. You will not be disappointed. Details will be forthcoming on prizes as sponsorship develops."
Sean McDaniel
Club Rep

Postby Leo Duran » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm

AAFTA is not offering Prizes, just placement Awards (as usual).

The hosting club is offering Prizes, much like has been done at the PA Cup.
So credit for this goes to the hosting club and its sponsors.

BTW, we need to clarify with the hosting club about 'money'.
There will not be money prizes for participation on AAFTA sanctioned classes.
My understanding is that they will offer Gift Certicates for Airgun/FT gear.

After the event, we (BoG) will evaluate the results based on feedback from participants.
Leo Duran
Leo Duran
BoG

Postby John in Ma » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:05 pm

Thank you Leo. If I may suggest a path forward with money.gift certificate/product prizes. A very simple solution is to have those who wish to win a prize sign up for said prize paying into the pot for them. If you don't want to be included in the prize pool then you don't have to pay for it. Another method would be for any sponsors who want to offer money prizes/gift certificates/guns and accessories put that money towards reducing registration fee's or food costs or a more substantial gift bag, something else every shooter can enjoy.
Air Arms S500 Extra Fac .177
Mrod S400 .177
Remington Vantage .177
John in Ma
Club Rep

Return to General Discussion