2017 Grand Prix/Regional events

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Forum rules
1. No flaming, badgering, or foul language allowed. Please keep it civil and clean.
2. Threads should stay on topic. New discussions should be started on a separate thread.
3. Please do not post text in all CAPS, as that is considered rude and unnecessary.
4. No commercial sales or buy/trade/want ads of any kind.
5. Moderator decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a Moderator before posting.

2017 Grand Prix/Regional events

Postby AirGumby » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Is there a place that lists all of the typical annual Grand Prix/Regional events? For 2017, the AAFTA page only lists 3 plus the national championship.

Perhaps that is all there is, but I thought there would be more than that. Even if final dates are not known, it would be helpful to have the annual list with a note that location and dates are TBD.

For instance, I thought the 2017 Bayou Airgun Club Cajun Spring Classic would be a Grand Prix. Since it is not listed, I have to assume, at this time, that it will not be a Grand Prix event in 2017.

Of course, it may be that I simply don't understand the whole Grand Prix/Regional process. In that case, perhaps someone could enlighten me.

Thanks,
Randy Smith
AirGumby

Re: 2017 Grand Prix/Regional events

Postby Bob Dye » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Randy, the closest to what you seek is the AAFTA website. Future GPs are posted there, but only when AAFTA receives notice from the hosting club. There are AAFTA "guidelines" as to timeframes for publicizing the regional matches. But hosting venues often don't decide to proceed with a match until they run into these deadlines. Oddly, sometimes it's the older and more traditional GPs that are the more notable procrastinators, probably because they are burned out and debate among themselves regarding who will be the leader... until the last minute. There is a lot of work involved...
Bob Dye
Club Rep

Return to General Discussion