Grandprix

Moderators: Chris Berry, libertyman777

Forum rules
1. No flaming, badgering, or foul language allowed. Please keep it civil and clean.
2. Threads should stay on topic. New discussions should be started on a separate thread.
3. Please do not post text in all CAPS, as that is considered rude and unnecessary.
4. No commercial sales or buy/trade/want ads of any kind.
5. Moderator decisions are final. If you are in doubt about a post, please contact a Moderator before posting.

Grandprix

Postby kevinkunkle » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:59 pm

How can a Grandprix Match not allow PCP's to compete?

Is this done so that the West Coast springer scores can be inflated for GP points?

How can Delay of game point deductions be allowed under AAFTA rules?

Kevin Kunkle
kevinkunkle

Re: Grandprix

Postby Tpatner412 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:07 am

Kevin

Not sure where you are reading that the match is a qualifier for the Grand Prix, but to my knowledge it is not. You'll notice on the AAFTA home page that GP qualifying matches have "(Grand Prix)" next to them, the match in question here does not

http://www.aafta.org/

Not sure what you are referencing with regards to the delay of game comment?

Thanks

Tyler
Tpatner412
BoG

Postby kevinkunkle » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Tyler

You are correct. I missed the part of the GP.

The point deduction was in the registration info, but I guess it is moot that since it is not a GP.

Kevin
kevinkunkle

Postby Scotchmo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:41 am

kevinkunkle wrote:Tyler

You are correct. I missed the part of the GP.

The point deduction was in the registration info, but I guess it is moot that since it is not a GP.

Kevin

Kevin,
It's not moot because we may do the same thing at the Western States Grand Prix match later in the year.

The "delay of game" point deduction is only for a frivolous protest that required stopping the match.

Here is the problem:
Requiring three shooters in a row to lodge a protest before testing a target does not catch sticky targets that low power shooters may have trouble with until after the match is over. We give any shooter the option to call for a target test mid-match even if they are the only one that had a problem with it. If they avail themselves of this option, they must weigh the chance to shoot the target again with the possibility of losing an additional point. It's voluntary. Nobody is required to call for the cold line if they don't want to risk it.

At the last Western States we had a lot of protests. Most turned out to be a waste of time. Someone now needs to be certain that the target is bad before calling for a cold line to test a target. I will see how it pans out at the piston match. If I'm satisfied with the results, we will continue to give shooters that option at future championship matches.

BTW: Our modified (ball linkage) Gamo targets have been very reliable so I expect few problems. We mixed in some stock Gamos at today's match, and one of them appeared sticky where it may have required a high paddle shot to go down with 12fpe. We all shot piston today so most were shooting about 12fpe. All targets will have the ball linkage before the next match.
Scotchmo
Club Rep

Return to General Discussion